UPDATED: ENTRIES CLOSE MIDNIGHT Friday 29 September 2023.
Entry is open to all CWB members and non-members.
Eligibility for entry is dependent on the award category and may be open to businesses, organisations and/or individuals.
An entrant must complete the introduction form.
Entry form for each award has word limits applying to each question as stated.
Entry to multiple award categories is allowed.
Each category requires a separate entry form.
Entry must be submitted via the link received upon accepting the nomination.
Entry for CWB Members is free.
Sponsors are ineligible to enter.
Non-members of CWB are welcome to enter for an entry fee of $150 for each category. The entry fee must be paid for each category entered.
Young Business Woman of the Year entrants MUST provide a copy of a ‘Proof of Age’ document or the submission will be disqualified.
Business Woman of the Year, Young Business Woman of the Year, Indigenous Business Woman of the Year, Small Business Woman of the Year and Micro Business Woman of the Year entrants MUST submit financial documentary evidence or the submission will be disqualified.
Supporting documents and photographs must be provided with your entry and clearly labelled.
It is assumed that all entrants are ‘environment-friendly’ and are fulfilling all compliance obligations in relation to their business.
All entrants will be provided a nominee badge to share on their social media and website.
All entrants who are notified as a finalist:
- must agree to any local, interstate or national marketing and media publicity associated with the awards. Your photograph and questions 1 and 2 of your entry information may be used for publicity purposes.
- will be able to use the “Finalist 2023 Synergy CWB Awards’ and a logo (provided after the Awards announcements) for future advertising.
- are expected to attend the Gala Awards dinner, at own cost, on Friday, 27 October 2023 at the Hyatt Hotel, Canberra. Dinner, drinks and entertainment is included in the ticket price (less than $200).
- are encouraged to display the ‘Finalist 2023 Synergy CWB Awards’ badge on their social media and website.
All award winners are encouraged to display the “Winner 2023 Synergy CWB Awards’ badge on their social media and website.
The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Nominations MUST be submitted through the CWB Awards portal no later than MIDNIGHT (12 AM) Friday, 29th September 2023. Late entries will not be considered.
CWB reserves the right to not award any category where entries do not meet the judging criteria.
General Eligibility Criteria:
Am I eligible?
To be eligible to enter the 2023 Synergy CWB awards you must meet the following criteria:
- You are a business owner, manager or work in an organisation, department or company
- You reside and work in the ACT or surrounding region
- You are an Australian resident over 18 years of age
- You are not serving on the CWB committee
- You have not previously won the award for the category in which you are entering.
- You are not on the judging panel and have not been involved in the judging in the past 2 years.
- If entering the Young Business Woman Award you are 30 years old or under at the time of the Gala Awards dinner on 27 October 2023.
- If entering the Small Business Woman of the Year Award you have 20 or fewer employees.
- If entering the Micro Business Woman of the Year you have 1 – 4 employees maximum (this category includes women who work by themselves and have no employees).
- If entering the Innovation or Social Impact Categories, you are a business owner, manager or work in an organisation, department or company.
- If entering the Small Business Woman, Indigenous Business Woman, Young Business Woman and Business Woman of the Year categories, you must be the business owner of the associated business nominated.
- A framed commemorative certificate,
- a trophy,
- permission to display the Synergy CWB Awards winner logo,
- Canberra Weekly cover and editorial,
- inclusion in press releases,
- promotion on the CWB website,
- exclusive invitation to keynote present at the Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Event in November 2023.
- opportunities to host or present workshops, keynotes or panel events at CWB events in 2023/24.